This has been a staple dish in my house for the past 2 months. Without fail my husband requests it every week. It’s his favorite meal to take to work and one he hasn’t gotten sick of. I don’t mind having to make this pasta over and over again because it means I get to have it also.
It comes together in less than an hour and is incredibly delicious. It’s filling, it’s warm, flavorful, and the ultimate comfort food. There’s tons of hot Italian sausage, caramelized onions and peppers, cream, and cheese. I’m confident this will become one of your family’s favorite dishes too.
Spicy Sausage Pasta
- 1 lb. Hot Italian Sausage
- 1 Bell Pepper sliced thinly
- 1 Vidalia Onion sliced thinly
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 12 Oz. Egg Noodles
- 1 Cup Shredded Extra Sharp White Cheddar
- 2 Cups Half & Half
- 1/2 Cup Pecorino Romano
- 1/4 Cup Tomato Paste
- 2 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Pepper
- Start by removing the casing from the sausage and discarding the casing. Add the sausage meat to a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook until crispy and thoroughly cooked. Next remove the cooked sausage from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan the sausage was cooked in add the olive oil, the thinly sliced onion, and pepper. Cook over medium-high heat until caramelized. Once the onions and peppers are caramelized add the sausage back to the pan and set aside.
- In a large saucepan bring water to a boil, salt the water liberally, and add all of the pasta. Cook until al dente and drain. In the same pot the pasta was cooked in add the sausage, peppers, and onions and turn the heat to medium. Next add the tomato paste and half and half. Mix until thoroughly combined, then add the shredded cheese and pecorino. Finally, add the salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Enjoy!