These chicken taquitos are a healthier twist on a classic snack. They maintain their signature crispiness and flavor all while being lower in calories and fat. I used an air fryer to cook these rather than the traditional way of deep frying them to get that crunchy exterior and I was seriously impressed. I also made this version to be dairy-free and gluten-free just for my personal preference but feel free to substitute ingredients to your liking. This recipe is really delicious and one you are sure to love!
Air Fryer Chicken Taquitos
- Air Fryer
- 1 Rotisserie Chicken shredded
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese I used dairy-free
- 1 Tbsp Chicken Broth or Water
- 1 Packet Taco Seasoning
- 10 Tortillas I used Siete Almond Flour ones
- Avocado Oil Spray
Creamy Jalapeno Sauce
- 3/4 Cup Sour Cream I used dairy-free
- 4 Tbsp Lime Juice
- 1 Jalapeno with the seeds
- Handful of Cilantro
- 1/2 Tbsp Honey
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Pepper
- Start by adding the shredded meat off one rotisserie chicken into a mixing bowl. Then add the shredded cheese, chicken broth, and taco seasoning packet. Mix everything until thoroughly combined.
- Next, take one of the tortillas and place a spoonful of the chicken and cheese mixture down the center of the tortilla. Roll it up tightly and place seam side down on to the air fryer rack. Repeat the process until all of the tortillas and chicken mixture is gone.
- Spray the taquitos with some avocado oil and place in the air fryer set at 400° for 5-8 minutes. Be sure to keep an eye on them, they cook quickly!
- Finally, add the sour cream, lime juice, jalapeño, cilantro, honey, garlic powder, salt and pepper into a food processor and process until it is smooth and creamy.