Who doesn’t enjoy a good chicken parmesan? It’s one of those classic, comforting meals typically served along with heaps of spaghetti. I wanted to take that meal we all know and love and transform it into a healthier version of itself. Using an air fryer the chicken cutlets receive their signature crispness and crunch. It also helps the cheese to get gooey and slightly crisp. In addition to this becoming a healthier version it is also a gluten free and dairy free version.
This has been a favorite dinner of mine lately to serve alongside some zucchini noodles. It all comes together relatively quickly and is filling without weighing you down.
Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 2 Eggs
- 1 1/2 Cups Gluten-Free Panko
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Paprika
- 1/4 Tsp Pepper
- 1 Cup Marinara Sauce
- 1 Cup Dairy-Free Mozzarella
- Start by cutting each chicken breast in half and pound each half with a tenderizer. Salt and pepper each chicken cutlet.
- Next, beat two eggs in a medium size bowl and salt & pepper. Then on a large plate combine the Panko, garlic powder, paprika, salt & pepper. Take each cutlet and dip into the egg then into the Panko. Repeat this process with all of the cutlets.
- Place the breaded cutlets into an air fryer at 400° for 15 minutes flipping half way through.
- Once all the cutlets have been cooked top each one with a 1/4 cup of marinara and 1/4 cup of the shredded mozzarella. Place back in the air fryer for 3-4 minutes until the cheese has melted. Enjoy!