I think its safe to say that is officially pumpkin season. Everywhere you look theres a different product or food item with the scent and flavor of pumpkin spice. For the next few months pumpkin will continue to be at the center of many people’s daily lives whether it be through coffee, candle or dessert.
I am not ashamed to admit that I am a huge pumpkin fan so this is one of my favorite times of the year. Lately I’ve been craving desserts and I wanted to make one that I could enjoy guilt-free. I created these pumpkin pie bars without using any dairy or gluten and they were sweetened with honey and maple syrup.
The bottom is a buttery shortbread crust that is essentially topped with a pumpkin pie batter and the two completely work together to create a delicious fall treat. On top of being delicious they are also incredibly easy to make and 100% worth the effort. I already know that I will be making these a few more times throughout the fall so I am confident it is one recipe that is sure to become a favorite of yours.
Pumpkin Pie Bars
- 1 Cup Coconut Flour
- 1 Cup Almond Flour
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Oil
- 1/4 Cup Honey
- 1/2 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 Tsp Sea Salt
- 15 Oz Canned Pumpkin Puree
- 3 Eggs
- 1/4 Cup Almond Milk
- 1/2 Cup Maple Syrup
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tbsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/2 Tbsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 Tsp Sea Salt
- Start by preheating an oven to 350° and lining an 8×8 square baking dish with parchment paper.
- Next mix all of the crust ingredients in a medium size bowl until thouroughly combined and crumbly.
- Add the crust mixture the the baking dish and press firmly to evenly cover the pan. Then place in the oven for 8-10 minutes or a little less than golden brown.
- While the crust is par-baking, mix all of the ingredients for the pumpkin layer in a medium size bowl until thouroughly combined.
- Once the crust has baked for 8-10 minutes take the pan out of the oven and pour over the pumpkin layer mixture. Place the pan back into the oven for 40 minutes.
- After the 40 minutes take the pan out and let cool before cutting into 9 bars. Enjoy!