I like most most people am a huge buffalo chicken fan. In my opinion it is the ultimate, crave-able flavor combo there is. Pizza, dips, salads, wraps, sandwiches, etc. There is no limit to how many buffalo chicken interpretations can be created and devoured.
This meatball recipe is my interpretation on a classic Buffalo chicken appetizer. It is super easy to make taking less than 30 minutes from start to finish. This is sure to become your new favorite recipe and one you crave!
I chose to use primal kitchen Buffalo sauce for this recipe and I was seriously impressed with its texture and flavor. I also felt good about using it because the ingredients are clean and not full of anything artificial. I love topping the meatballs with a drizzle of ranch and crumbled gorgonzola but you could dip or top them with anything you want.
I suggest serving this recipe as an appetizer or party food, however, there is no limit to when you should make these.
Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- 1 lb. Ground Chicken
- 1/4 Cup Onion diced
- 2 Stalks Celery diced
- 1 Carrot diced
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Tbsp Chives
- 2 Tbsp Breadcrumbs
- 1 Egg
- 2 Tbsp Gorgonzola
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- Pinch of Pepper
- 1 Cup Buffalo Sauce (I used primal kitchens)
- Preheat the oven to 400°
- In a small frying pan over med-low heat add the butter, diced onion, carrot and celery and cook until translucent. Once cooked turn off the heat and the veggies to a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Next add the ground chicken, chives, breadcrumbs, egg, gorgonzola, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper to the bowl. Mix everything until it is fully combined.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment. Then use your hands to roll out meatballs with the mixture about 1 tbsp per meatball and line them on the lined baking sheet.
- Place the meatballs in the oven for 12 minutes. Once they are cooked toss the meatballs in the buffalo sauce and serve.