Tis the season for vibrant, fresh vegetables. Zucchini and squash grow rampant throughout gardens all over. This grilled vegetable panzanella is a delicious way to use up some of the fresh produce made readily available during the summer.
A panzanella is a Tuscan salad typically consisting of tomatoes, onions, and bread. This version adds grilled vegetables, fresh tomatoes, tangy chèvre cheese, roasted garlic ciabatta and a sweet balsamic vinaigrette. It is sure to become a staple on your table this summer!
Grilled Vegetable Panzanella
- 2 Squash
- 2 Zucchini
- 1 Red Onion
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Tomato chopped
- 3 Oz. Sundried Tomatoes julienned
- 6 Slices Roasted Garlic Ciabatta
- 4 Oz Chevre
- 1/4 Cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 Tbsp Honey
- 1 Tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 Tsp Pepper
- 1/4 Tsp Garlic Powder
- Start by cutting the squash, zucchini, red onion, bell pepper into 1/4 of an inch slices. Brush each of the vegetable slices and the ciabatta slices with a little olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Heat a grill to medium-high heat, grill each of the vegetable slices for a few minutes per side or until tender and charred. Grill the bread slices for 30 seconds per side. Once they are all grilled set them aside.
- Once the grilled vegtable slices and bread are cooled cut them into bite sized cubes.
- In a large mixing bowl add the sundried tomatoes, chopped tomatoes, cubed grilled vegetables and bread.
- Next make the dressing by mixing all ingredients together into a food processor. Pour the dressing over the vegetables and bread in the large mixing bowl. Add the goat cheese and toss until combined. Enjoy!