Sweet, juicy tomatoes are paired perfectly with creamy burrata, bright pesto vinaigrette and crispy, buttery ciabatta croutons. This is the perfect summer side dish and takes less than 10 minutes to make!
This pesto vinaigrette is unreal, and it couldn’t be any simpler to make. I used a good quality store-bought pesto, some lemon juice, olive oil and fresh basil leaves. Then I blended it all up in a blender to create a citrusy, herby vinaigrette to complement the tomatoes and burrata.
Burrata is one of those cheeses that when you see it your jaw starts to drop. It is visually and texturally very appealing with its smooth skin exterior and creamy, buttery interior, it truly is show stopping. Burrata helps to elevate any dish adding a certain indulgence and elegance.
This salad is sure to become a staple during the summer months, perfect as a side dish to accompany grilled meats or great on its own. Its easy, quick and delicious!
Tomato Salad with Burrata, Pesto Vinaigrette & Ciabatta Croutons
- 6 Tomatoes I used Campari & Kumato
- 8 Oz Burrata
- 1/4 Cup Pesto I used store bought
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 4-6 Basil Leaves
- 2 Cups Cubbed Ciabatta
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 Tsp Pepper
- 1/4 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Onion Powder
- Start by making the vinaigrette by placing the pesto, olive oil, lemon juice and basil into a blender. Blend until smooth and all ingredients are incorporated.
- Next, wash and quarter the tomatoes. Place them onto a serving dish, drizzle the pesto vinaigrette over the tomatoes. Then gently break off pieces of the burrata and place on top of the tomatoes. Set aside.
- On the stovetop in a medium frying pan over medium heat add the butter. Once melted add the cubbed ciabatta, salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder. Cook for a few minutes or until the croutons are golden brown.
- Finally, top the tomatoes and burrata with the croutons and serve!
Note: Sprinkle with sea salt and pepper before serving