These are a group of ingredients that are just meant to be together. The truffle, mushrooms, filet mignon, and puff pastry come together to create this incredibly delicious, indulgent appetizer. The crispy puff pastry is balanced with the luscious mushrooms and tender filet making it hard not to eat a whole tray of these.
This recipe is for 24 bites but it can be adjusted to your own needs and desires. If you’d like to make more just double the recipe or if you wanted bigger bites and don’t care about quantity you could cut larger squares. Make this recipe your own and do whatever you need to do to tweak it!
This recipe is the ultimate crowd-pleasing appetizer and is easy to make!
Truffle Mushroom & Filet Bites
- 2 Filet Mignons
- 1 Sheet Puff Pastry
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 4 Oz Shitake Mushrooms chopped
- 16 Oz Baby Bella Mushrooms chopped
- 1/2 Shallot minced
- 2 Cloves Garlic minced
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Pepper
- 1 Tsp Truffle Oil
- 1 Tsp Dijon
- 1 Egg beatened
- Start by seasoning the filets liberally with salt and pepper. Cook the filets over medium high heat in a cast iron or on a grill for about 3 minutes per side (this is for medium rare). Take the filets off the heat, let them rest, then slice thinly and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350°
- Cut the puff pastry sheet into 24 squares. Place the squares on two parchment lined baking trays. Brush on the beaten egg to each square. Place in the oven for 10-12 min or until golden brown then set aside.
- In a medium sized frying pan over medium heat add the butter shallots and garlic. After sauteeing for a minute add the mushrooms. Cook until the mushrooms are tender and reduced in size add the salt, pepper, dijon and truffle oil. Mix until combined, shut off the heat and set aside.
- Add a spoonful of the mushroom mix to each of the puff pastry squares, then top with a slice of filet. I like to garnish with sea salt and chives. Enjoy!