One of my favorite pasta dishes has to be shrimp scampi. I love the lemon, garlic and shrimp combination. This spaghetti squash shrimp scampi is a delicious, lightened up version of that classic dish.
Once the spaghetti squash has been cooked the whole meal comes together very quickly. The buttery, lemony sauce with the shrimp takes only minutes to prepare. It is the perfect dish for a summer lunch or dinner.
Spaghetti Squash Shrimp Scampi
- 1 Spaghetti Squash
- 1/2 lb. Shrimp
- 4 Galrlic Cloves chopped
- 6 Tbsp Grass-Fed Butter
- 2 Lemons juiced & zested
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 Tsp Pepper
- 1/4 Tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Parsley
- 2 Tsp Olive Oil
- Preheat the oven to 425°
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds with a spoon and discard. Rub 1 tsp of olive oil onto the flesh of each of the halves of squash. Place flesh side down onto a lined baking sheet. Place in the oven for 40-45 minutes.
- Once the squash has come out of the oven carefully flip over and scrap out the flesh to create spaghetti strands and set aside.
- Next, melt the butter over medium-high heat in a medium frying pan. Add the garlic and the shrimp. Cook for 3 minutes until almost done and add the lemon juice, pepper flakes, salt, pepper and parsley. Mix everything together, turn off the heat and add the the spaghetti squash.
- Serve up two bowls of this with a sprinkling of parsley and parmesan. Enjoy!