These brownies are ADDICTING. They are fudgy, thick, and incredibly moist. They will satisfy any sweet tooth with their rich chocolatey flavor and nutty swirls of almond butter. This is a nutrient rich dessert you can feel good about eating.
I know some of you are probably looking over this recipe and thinking, sweet potato?? In brownies?! But trust me it is so good; the sweet potato makes the brownies so moist and fudgy without giving it any potato taste at all! On top of providing mega moisture, the sweet potato also adds fiber, vitamins and minerals boosting the healthiness of these treats. It really is the MVP ingredient in this healthy brownie recipe.
Every time I’ve made these brownies, anyone who tries them both loves them and are shocked when I say that there is sweet potato in them. I swear I would not steer you in the wrong direction and am confident these will become a favorite dessert recipe of yours if you give them the chance.
The sweetness comes from all natural, pure maple syrup, making these brownies refined sugar free. The maple syrup provides just enough sweetness without spiking your blood sugar and providing antioxidants and minerals that normal sugar would not.
The rich chocolate flavor comes from high-quality cocoa powder and chocolate chips. The cocoa powder incorporates throughout the batter to create a luscious, decadent chocolate base while the chocolate chips provide little pockets of gooey, melted chocolate in each brownie.
The ingredient list does call for a tbsp of brewed coffee but it is completely optional. I love adding a dash of coffee to chocolate recipes because it really does help to enhance the chocolate flavor and add another layer of depth to the recipe. So while it is strongly encouraged it is also not required, and you will still have a delicious, rich brownie regardless.
These brownies truly are melt in your mouth delicious and ones that won’t make you feel guilty about eating. They are easy to make and sure to become a favorite!
Almond Butter Swirl Brownies
- 1 Cup Cooked Sweet Potato
- 1/2 Cup Almond Butter
- 1 Egg
- 1/3 Cup Maple Syrup
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Oil
- 1 Tbsp Brewed Coffee (optional)
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 Cup Almond Flour
- 1/4 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Baking Soda
- Pinch of Salt
- 1/4 Cup Chocolate Chips
- 4 Tbsp Almond Butter
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In a large mixing bowl add the cooked sweet potato, almond butter, egg, maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla and coffee. Mix all of the ingredients together until thoroughly combined.
- Next, add the almond flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt to the wet mixture. Mix everything together, then fold in the chocolate chips.
- Line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment and pour in the brownie mixture.
- Dollop on the almond butter in each corner of the pan. Use a butter knife to create swirls with the almond butter.
- Bake in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool completely before cutting into 9 squares. Enjoy!