This potato salad is no joke. It is full of flavor and so easy to make. All together it took me around 25 minutes to make this potato salad. It is tangy and bright from the lemon, sharp from the shallots and the creamy potatoes balance it out so nicely. This potato salad is the perfect side dish to accompany any meal!
Lemon Dijon Potato Salad
- 3 lbs. Creamer Potatoes (If you can’t find these, you can use red potatoes)
- 2 Tbsp Shallot, minced
- 1 ½ Tbsp Dijon
- 6 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- ½ Cup Olive Oil
- ½ Tsp Salt
- ¼ Tsp Pepper
- 1 Cup Green Olives, halved
- 1/3 Cup Chopped Parsley
- Start by boiling the potatoes in salted boiling water in a large saucepot, draining when fork tender. Then set the potatoes aside while you make the dressing.
- In a large bowl, add the minced shallot, Dijon, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Mix everything until combined. Then, slowly start to stream in the olive oil while whisking so that the dressing emulsifies and thickens.
- Once the dressing is prepared, add the potatoes to the bowl (if using red potatoes cut in half first). Mix until the dressing coats every potato, then add the olives and parsley. Toss everything together until fully combined. This salad can be served hot or cold, I served mine room temperature. Enjoy!