I LOVE a sweet potato fry. It’s one of those things that if it’s on the menu, I am ordering it. It’s my go to side dish and I especially love when a restaurant has a flavored aioli or mayo to dip the fries in! Sweet potato fries and flavored mayo are just one of those dishes that check so many boxes for me; salty, crunchy, sweet and creamy.
With this recipe I tried to put my own healthy twist on my beloved sweet potato fries by oven baking instead of deep frying them. They have minimal ingredients but manage to pack on a lot of flavor. Fresh garlic and rosemary co-star as the wedges main source of flavor making them aromatic, tangy and addicting.
The wedges pair perfectly with my parsley lemon mayo that is bright and herbaceous. I used a store-bought mayo just because I always have a copious amount of it in my house, however, if you’d like to make your own you can use that too! The mayo helps to lighten up the wedges and the two perfectly complement each other.
This recipe is perfect as a side dish to accompany some burgers or sandwiches, heck it can even be a side dish to a salad! If you don’t need it as a side dish it can also be enjoyed as a snack! Sweet potatoes are a great source of fiber, vitamins and minerals, making these wedges a dish you can feel good about eating!
Even though this recipe uses an oven to cook the wedges, if you wanted you could also cook them in an air fryer to ensure maximum crispiness. I would suggest cooking them in an air fryer for 15 minutes or until crisp on the outside and fluffy and tender on the inside. However, the oven works just as good!
Garlic Rosemary Sweet Potato Wedges with Parsley Lemon Mayo
Sweet Potato Wedges:
- 2 Large Sweet Potatoes
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- ½ Tbsp Minced Garlic
- 2 Tsp Fresh Chopped Rosemary
- 1 Tsp Sea Salt
- ¼ Tsp Pepper
Lemon Parsley Mayo:
- 1 Cup Mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1/3 cup Parsley
- ½ Tsp Salt
- ¼ Tsp Pepper
- Start by pre-heating oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Next, peel the sweet potatoes and cut into wedges. To make wedges I cut the sweet potato in half lengthwise. Place the potato cut side down, cut it in half. Then cut each half in half, so there are 4 large wedges. Cut each large wedge in half and repeat until you have desired size of wedges.
- Place the wedges in a large mixing bowl, drizzle over the olive oil and toss together. Next, sprinkle on the garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper. Toss everything again so that each wedge is coating with seasonings.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment and place the wedges onto the parchment (I used two small baking sheets; your wedges may fit on one large baking sheet). Then place in the oven for 25 minutes flipping the wedges halfway. (If you’re wedges are on the thicker side they may take slightly longer. Just keep an eye on them to see if they need a little more time).
- While the wedges are cooking, mix mayo, lemon juice, parsley salt and pepper into a food processor. Blend everything together until it is smooth, creamy and the parsley has been broken down. Transfer the lemon parsley mayo to a ramekin for serving.
- Plate up the cooked wedges with the mayo and enjoy!